Colossal Network Server Rules
- Hacked Clients that give you an unfair advantage are prohibited. This will result in a permanent ban.
- Unapproved Modifications and Abuse of Client Side Bugs are prohibited and will result in a 60 day ban if not admitted to, whereas the ban will be reduced to 30 days if you admit to a member of staff (admitted ban reduction will occur when they admit via ban appeals).
- Abusing Server Side Bugs can range from a 30 day ban to a permanent ban, based on severity and number of users affected. Please note that responsibly disclosing this bug and not abusing it will not result in a ban, and may even result in a reward. Please see https://colossalmc.net/bugs for more information.
- Using a tool to deny a player’s access to the server, such as DoSing or DDoSing, is a very serious offense that will result in a permanent ban on all current and future accounts, with no chance of appeal. Your IP address and any other known information about you may be given to the relevant authorities due to the illegal nature of this offense.
- Releasing personal information about a player without their consent will result in a permanent ban on all current and future accounts, with no chance of appeal.
- Telling a player to them kill themselves, or encouraging suicide or self harm, via any means of communication on our network will result in a 24 hour mute on the first offense, and a week ban on the second offense, a 30 day ban on the third offense and a permanent ban on the fourth offense.
- Impersonation of a staff member or rank is not permitted and will result in a warn on the first offense, and a week ban on the second offense, a two week ban on the third offense and a permanent ban on the fourth offense.
- Harassment and Personal Attacks are not permitted. This rule is defined by continuously attacking another person, either via text or voice, after they have asked you to stop. This includes homophobia, racism, sexism, religious talk and any other discrimination, and will result in a punishment that can range from a warning to a 7 day mute/ban, based on the severity of the offense.
- The distribution of adult content or content that contains adult topics will result in a 24 hour mute. This includes, but is not limited to, pornography, drugs and gore. The distribution of illegal content, such as child pornography or beastiality, will result in a permanent blacklist with no chance of appeal. Your IP address may also be forwarded to the relevant authorities.
- Charging back funds that have been sent to the network in the form of a purchase is not permitted and will result in a permanent ban from the network, and a permanent ban from the store to prevent further abuse. All payments made to Colossal are considered a contribution, not a donation.
- Spam, such as posting irrelevant or repeating messages, is not permitted and will result in a warning for the first offense, mute punishment ranging from 1 hour to permanent on the second offense which is based on the amount of spam and the content of the messages.
- Advertisement, such as posting links or IP addresses in global chat, is not permitted either and will result in a 14 day ban for the first offense, 1 month ban for the second offense, and permanent ban for the third offense. Please note that mentioning other servers and excessively messaging players with more information about other servers is allowed, as long as it is not intended to draw away the player base.
- Hackusating, which is accusing players of cheating in public chat, can result in a range of offenses from a warn, to a mute, to a ban, depending on the amount of messages that are sent.
- Inappropriate skins or usernames will result in a permanent ban until they are changed.
(We reserve the right to update our rules at any time and it’s your responsibility as a player to keep yourself updated)